Sunday, June 05, 2005

My keyboard has fixed itself once again. I don't how many of you know this but my keyboard has self-healing abilities. About two weeks ago, the tremolo stopped working and I seriously considered thinking about looking for another keyboard. I even went to music-go-round. Don't judge me. Anyway, I went to the practice space today and the tremolo worked.

This has happened before. A little over a year ago, I left the keyboard in the back window shelf of craig's car. The sun melted and distorted part of it so I could not press down the buttons to make it sound like a piano or a vibraphone. During shows, I used electrical tape to force down the buttons. But, after a month or so, the keyboard healed itself and the buttons held themselves down. The keyboard is still deformed to an amusing degree but "Hello jazz guitar!"

There was one time when it started playing more than one note when I pressed a key but that was soon resolved without an intervention.

Sharing a practice space with May or May Not would be pretty intimidating for most keyboards. All those Korgs, Schlotskys, and Blag-Stones just standing aorund smoking blunts and modulating. Any common keyboard wouldn't be able to handle the pressure. But not my Yamaha. It's like R2-D2. It'll shut down all the trash compactors on the detention level. I wish my keyboard could reproduce like those flying hubcaps in Batteries Not Included.

-Matt, 4th grade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home